Summary of Position: An equipment operator who is authorized and scheduled to drive either a forklift, orderpicker and/or yardog, is responsible for moving, locating, relocating, consolidating, stacking, picking, and counting of merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle up to and including observing all maintenance procedures before and after driving. Based on work demand, this position does not exclude equipment operators from working in non-equipment areas. Task in non-equipment areas in the Web Fulfillment department include but are not limited to: Order fulfillment customer service, inventory processing, and fulfillment of all orders in accordance with Gymboree’s standards.
The primary responsibilities/essential functions of this position include the following, but are subject to change based upon operating necessity:
- Strong customer service orientation, work ethic, and attention to detail as it relates to product fulfillment.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow up skills.
- Strong sense of urgency to effectively complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills which clearly and succinctly communicate across various audience levels.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Willingness to be a team player in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Lift boxes up to 40lbs.
- Operate a hand pallet jack to move filled pallets of merchandise, up to 1,000 lbs. to and from the shipping dock.
- Pushing merchandise on rolling carts up to 100 lbs.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic PC skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Accurately use basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures and guidelines within the D.C.
- Work experience in a warehouse environment with picking and packing merchandise.
Work Hours and Environment:
- Typical work hours for day shift are 6:00am – 2:30pm, 7:00am – 3:30pm or 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Typical work hours for swing shift are 12:45pm. – 9:15pm.
- Scheduled work days are Monday - Friday
- Overtime and weekend work may be required based on business needs.
- Work in a warehouse setting and possess the ability to work on your feet throughout the shift.
Communication done throughout the interviewing process will be via email, so be sure to include a valid email address when applying.
The Gymboree Distribution Center uses SparkHire, an online video interviewing platform, for candidates to complete their initial assessments at their convenience. Candidates may also choose to complete a phone interview in lieu of video interviews.
We conduct thorough criminal background checks and drug screens.**