Web Designer - Ecommerce (temp)
in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Web Designer will work closely with the creative team to develop and produce creative for the ecommerce website, email campaigns, deliver HTML coding and online marketing for all brands. This is a temporary role that has the potential to transition into full-time.
- Work closely with Copywriters and business partners to design original layouts on a tight schedule.
- Work with Business and Copy teams to clarify objectives, revise creative and ensure accuracy for all projects.
- Actively participate and help drive the creative process by presenting well-developed creative solutions to meet the given objectives.
- Responsible for executing product line updates for all ecommerce website, as well as hand-coding HTML for emails and deploying them in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with the email service provider to manage day-to-day operations while resolving issues and refining processes for launching emails.
- Responsible for staying current on industry trends, while keeping all brands at the forefront for site/email design and best practices.
- Work across creative disciplines to drive the best customer experience solution.
- Responsible for conducting photo shoots to provide additional imagery for site and email creative.
- Provide effective feedback to drive successful designs and design systems, while inspiring and enhancing the efforts of a creative team.
- BFA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field preferred
- Experience designing for the retail environment with a lifestyle-oriented “trend-setting” brand is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience in web design or multimedia required
- Strong graphic design, layout, typography, image manipulation, and color correction skills
- Relevant experience (ideally in a retail or ecommerce environment) with a lifestyle-oriented trend-setting brand
- Extremely proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver & HTML. This person must also have proficiency in Flash and must be familiar with InDesign.
- Detail-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage competing, high priority projects while identifying creative solutions quickly
- Ability to self-direct under ambiguous and changing circumstances
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be willing to be flexible in job duties and take on added responsibility when necessary
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On