in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Vice President, Planning will set strategies, direction and policies within the Planning team and lead the development of strategic top down plans for sales, margin, and inventory. This role will partner with merchant team to identify key business concepts and opportunities.
- Lead the forecasting of sales, margin, markdowns, and inventories on a weekly/monthly basis with Planning Directors, Planning Managers, Planners, and Merchandising.
- Recommend strategies to maximize profitability.
- Manage the reconciliation of division and department targets and bottom-up plans for multiple brands.
- Grow and maintain effective working relationships with other Vice Presidents and cross-functional partners to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and develop systems knowledge, as well as develop the planning team.
- Must have a BA/BS degree or equivalent industry plus a minimum of 10+ years' experience coupled with at least 8 years of management experience
- Must have experience in top-down and bottom-up financial planning processes and systems and a clear understanding of financial measures: sales, gross margin, weeks on hand, weeks of supply etc. and how to maximize them.
- Previous experience with taking ownership to drive profitability of the division/departments and an understanding of how it impacts the total business is a must have
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills and must be able to clearly present and support business strategies are a must
- Be hands-on and will be able to develop and motivate a team.
- Strong track record and interest in team performance through constant sharing of best practices
- Must enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced and dynamic environment
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On