“The product is fun and lets me flex my creative muscles every season, but the best part of working here honestly, is the team. The people I work with are amazing, and that counts for a lot in the design industry!”
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Gymboree Group is searching for an experienced, innovative Vice President, General Manager, Wholesale and International to oversee the Company’s wholesale and international business. The Gymboree Group currently has three brands, Gymboree, Crazy8 and Janie and Jack. This individual will be an exceptional leader and contributor in identifying business opportunities and creating strategies for growth for all brands, as appropriate, in both the wholesale and international marketplace. They will develop and foster productive relationships with critical international and wholesale partners and play a key role in driving sales and profitability for the company.
The VP, GM, Wholesale and International will be responsible for leading, coaching and developing the wholesale and international team, as well as collaborating with cross-functional and logistics team. With their team they will develop and execute strategic business plans; achieve sales and profitability goals; source new opportunities for growth; ensure a consistent brand and customer experience across all partnerships; and develop tools and systems to monitor and analyze key performance indicators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
COLLABORATION AND INFLUENCE
* 10+ years of international and/or wholesale business development and management experience in apparel. Children’s apparel highly preferred, but not required.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Strategic; able to formulate and deploy 3-5 year growth strategy for complex businesses in fast pace and dynamic environment.
* Strong analytical skills; able to utilize data to effectively read and respond to the business to drive results and delight the customer.
* Strong retail business acumen with keen understanding of logistics, planning, merchandising, production and store operations.
* Strong leadership skills; able to build and cultivate a collaborative and highly engaged team.
* Resourceful; able to find solutions using the resources at their disposal and effectively advocates for additional resources when necessary.
* Maintains the professional presence, maturity, accountability and tact necessary to earn respect and influence teams and outcomes.
* Proactively identifies areas of opportunity and/or change, recommends future actions, and coordinates implementation among various constituencies and across geographies.
* Understands how to set priorities in complex situations and manage time despite unexpected interruptions.
* Communicates and presents effectively before varied audiences (e.g., CEO, CFO, partners, vendors).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to create compelling partner communication and training.
* Proven ability to consistently meet/exceed sales goals and KPI’s.
* Able to coach, inspire, and lead by example.
* Strong organizational skills and exacting attention to detail.
* Optimistic; able to see the possibilities and opportunities in every situation; solution focused.
* Able to work a flexible schedule consistent with needs of the business.
* Travel up to 40% (overnight stays will be required).
* MS Office Skills/Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
17E - WS
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105