in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Technical Designer will be responsible for developing and maintaining a consistent level of quality and fit in our apparel and accessories that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Create spec packages including correct grade rules and non-standard construction details.
- Make recommendations to resolve potential production and cost issues while maintaining design and fit intent.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand the direction on design aesthetic and fit intent.
- Partner with agents/vendors to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities.
- Evaluate garment and pattern to adhere to original fit intent and determine the next steps.
- Communicate fit, construction and workmanship issues to vendors and will follow through on all issues during fit approval process.
- Establish block patterns/spec standards within product category to maintain brand integrity and size/fit consistency.
- Partner with Global Compliance to ensure that the product meets the Gymboree safety standards.
- Track and manage workflow to ensure deadline is met for each delivery per production calendar.
- Communicate clearly and professionally on a technical level with team and all business partners.
- AA or Certification in Patternmaking, Apparel Manufacturing or Design is required
- A minimum of 4-7 years related experience
- Expertise in pattern making, including grading, construction and fit for multiple/complex products
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods/process
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills are essential
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and work with a keen sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong computer skills required (i.e. Momentis PDM, Adobe Illustrator, Optitex, MS Outlook/Office)
The Gymboree Corporation is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On