Original. Optimistic. Unexpected. These are just a few of the ways we describe ourselves at Gymboree. We’re more than a clothing brand. We encourage every child’s creative and independent spirit so they can start to discover who they want to be—and you could play a part in that. Sound like fun? Then you might be the perfect fit for us!
At Gymboree, we know our store teams are a big part of our success. We look for talented people who can meet the unique needs of each of our retail locations, while feeling empowered to make the Gymboree shopping experience the best it can be for our customers. Our Store Teams are a vital part of the Gymboree family.
What You’ll Do
Our Store Managers are passionate about creating and delivering an unrivaled customer-centric experience for their customers. You are devoted to owning the business as if it were your own. You build outstanding teams to meet/exceed financial and business goals. You are a champion of the business and lead confidently to drive exceptional results.
- Motivate the team to sell and prioritize the customer above everything to exceed goals
- View the customer through an omni channel lens and drive incremental sales strategies
- Train, educate and role model brand selling behaviors; monitor and coach staff to improve selling opportunities
- Be the master in product knowledge and share expert knowledge with the team
- Motivate and inspire the team to achieve/exceed profitability goals including conversion, comp sales, payroll, key performance indicators and other business goals
- Ensure Successful Store Standards are implemented and maintained at a high level
- Create and implement visual and merchandising strategies to increase sales
- Be responsible for the look and feel of the store; understands floor capacity and store layout
- Utilize tools, resources and information to drive results and enhance the customer experience
- Is looked to for expertise, direction, communication and feedback
- Embrace the complexity of the business and know how to get things done
- Share feedback, generate ideas and insights with District Manager to improve the business
- Build high performing teams and promote an environment which inspires people to do their best
- Anticipate talent needs based on business plans; network, source, hire and retain amazing people
- Celebrate individual and team progress and encourage others to exceed goals
- Consistently hold people accountable to uphold standards and achieve results
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
- The People—ask anyone who works here…we have incredible people on our team
- The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected global children’s brand
- The Benefits—health insurance, 401k
Let’s Talk Perks!
- Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions for individuals and families
- Flexible Spending Accounts and commuter benefits
- Paid holidays and flexible time off
- A fabulous employee discount at our family of brands (Gymboree & Outlet, Janie and Jack, Crazy 8 & Outlet)
- Gymboree Play & Music class discounts
- Educational Assistance Development Program
- Life insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, children)
- Additional corporate discounts at participating companies
More About Us
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a specialty retailer, operating stores with high-quality clothes and accessories for children. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating over 900 retail stores in the United States and Canada, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
What You’ll Bring
- A passion for fashion and a love of selling
- 4+ years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business (preferred)
- Experienced leadership with demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales and profits
- Experience working with children (preferred)
- Proven ability to identify top talent, build a team, and train/develop/retain people
- Experience creating merchandising strategies and implementing visual changes to achieve business results
- Proven ability to think through complex issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- Availability to work when needed, including nights, weekends and holidays
What Makes You Stand Out
- Exceptional customer service
- Optimistic problem solving skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Forward thinking
- Courageous and agile leader who thrives in change
- Outstanding communication skills
More About Us
Gymboree Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, on any basis including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, and federal law. Employees and/or applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under federal and state law.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.