Sr. Retail Accountant
in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Revenue Accountant to support our continuing expansion into the global and domestic markets. The primary focus of the position will be the accurate accounting of revenue from our international retail and wholesale business operations from billing through receipt of payments. The position will require contact with our operational retail partners and internal personnel. In addition, this position will have involvement with other general ledger closing processes and procedures. The position will also have the opportunity to cross-functional training on accounting areas such as gift card, loyalty & rewards programs, and credit card. This is a hands-on position that requires an individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple tasks.
- Oversee the International Franchise and Wholesale Accounts Receivable processes which include: issuing invoices and statements, recording and applying payments, and ensuring transactions are accurately recorded in the GL and AR sub-ledger.
- Supervise the International/Wholesale Revenue Accountant in their daily process.
- Review new contracts/agreements for billing terms and be able to incorporate it in our AR processes.
- Maintain the AR Policies & Procedures and work with our SOX team to develop related controls.
- Continuously review the AR aging and follow up on any past due invoices.
- Review monthly Journal Entries related to International Franchise, Wholesale, and corporate deposits. Perform monthly Journal Entries related to miscellaneous accruals and General Accounting
- Review and perform monthly accounts receivable and other general accounting related reconciliations.
- Collaborate with our Financial Reporting and FP&A team to analyze monthly/quarterly sales and AR trends.
- Provide support for our quarterly internal and external audits, including preparing audit schedules and ensuring internal controls are operating effectively in areas of responsibility.
- Work cross-functionally with teams on forecast analysis including fluctuations.
- Reconcile gift cards, credit and debit cards with sales transactions.
- Perform special requests for revenue and sales-related analysis and reporting.
- Perform and/or assist in special ad hoc project, as needed.
- This individual needs to be a proactive problem solver and efficient communicator.
- Minimum of 3-4 years in Accounts Receivable and General Accounting experience; Public accounting experience preferred
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Strong/Advanced excel skills are a must (i.e. pivots, sumif, vlookup)
- Flexible and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing work environments/priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player, analytical, and organizational skills are also a must
- Experience with an enterprise financial system required with R12 Oracle Financials preferred
The Gymboree Corporation is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On