Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
Gymboree has some definitive and exciting strategies to grow business in the near future that requires strengthening and uplifting our IT systems supporting retail core merchandising, assortment planning, allocation and replenishment capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to become part of our Retail IT team to help manage initiatives that enable the above vision. This person will be responsible for successfully delivering, one or more, medium to large-sized projects of moderate to high risk, impact, and complexity. This individual will drive all the project phases, from discovery through stabilization, in adherence to Gymboree’s internal Project governance processes and gates; and will work with the business and IT teams, external consultants and vendor partners to produce all the relevant project artifacts leading to a successful implementation.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects through full life cycle as per Gymboree’s internal IT Project Framework
- Lead and deliver project initiation and analysis deliverables
- Determine staffing requirements based on estimated resource requirements across IT and Business channels to form project teams
- Manage a team of diverse functional and technical skills throughout the requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation phases of the project
- Develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and monitor progress toward goals
- Drive timely decisions by key stakeholders, both Business and IT, in the context of the assigned projects relative to scope, schedule, costs/benefits
- Establish project budget and work with the project, vendor and Finance team to ensure costs are tracked on a weekly basis and reflected in the forecasts accurately
- Provide senior management with visibility into project progress, while supporting effective decision-making, approvals, and direction in a consistent manner
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with internal IT department, business partners, outside vendors and service providers
- Provide guidance and mentoring to all team members, ensuring quality in all of their deliverables and identifying opportunities for growth to advance their personal careers
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Participate in PMO forums and share own experiences to identify potential areas of improvement in project performance and best practices related to overall project management as well as specific to Retail IT
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- PMP certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required
- Six Sigma, Lean or other business process improvement training or education looked upon favorably
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrable experience in managing complex IT projects and delivering strategic initiatives on time/budget in core merchandising, planning, and allocation functions preferably in a retail industry
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Project
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly articulate business needs/project issues as well as tactfully negotiate on project scope, time lines, and project team member responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Process oriented and has ability to bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Ability to influence change outside of your span of control and build stakeholder support and obtain project team alignment
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to get results through formal channels and informal networking
- Outstanding communicator at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications, small and large groups.
- Possesses strong financial/business acumen and ability to directly correlate project tasks, associated estimates, actuals and overall project budget forecasting and maintenance
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.