Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Senior Manager CRM is responsible for growing revenue across the Gymboree family of brands by retaining customers, driving incremental spend and loyalty, and distilling customer feedback into insights that Marketing and cross-functional partners in Design, Planning, Merchandising, e-Commerce and Stores can act on to improve the customer experience and optimize business operations. This individual will be responsible for driving strategy and overseeing the execution of the email, direct mail and Rewards programs, as well as for advancing targeted and one-to-one customer communication, from conceptualizing marketing campaigns, to defining framework and building automation. The ideal candidate should possess a balance of strategic, creative and analytical thinking in order to execute business objectives through a customer-centric lens. This position reports into the Director of CRM, Customer Insights & Analytics as part of the Marketing & Ecommerce team.
- Develop and implement strategies that leverage email, direct mail, and rewards programs to retain customers, drive sales, and build loyalty. Define success targets and measurement methodology for these programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Web, Planning, Merchandising, Stores and Brand Creative Services to create schedules, briefs and messaging strategies.
- Develop customer segmentation and offer strategies to optimize sales and profitability.
- Manage the customer database by creating segmentation strategy to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Define roadmap for loyalty including designing refinements to the existing Rewards program (structure, benefits, and infrastructure) as well as conceptualizing architecture, benefits and tactical execution of new program(s)
- Compile, synthesize, disseminate and socialize customer insights from multiple touchpoints, both quantitative and qualitative. Translate insights into actionable recommendations and use customer feedback to answer strategic questions.
- Implement test and learn initiatives for email and direct mail. Define protocol and measure performance to improve the customer experience, and drive engagement, revenue and retention.
- Manage centralized calendar, reporting and communication of all promotional offers in the market for each brand, along with associate revenue. Surface risk to revenue forecasts as well as to individual campaigns.
- Lead ongoing review of CRM/loyalty competitive landscape/trends in the marketplace
- Provide leadership to and set priorities for direct report(s), elevating individual performance by providing timely and effective feedback and coaching, and evaluating against individual goal plans.
- Exemplify Gymboree’s core values, and foster a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented work environment that does the same.
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years relevant CRM experience, preferably in retail, and specifically related to email and direct mail strategy, segmentation and project management
- Experience with a CRM campaign management tool (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred)
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to present to and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to provide high attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.