Sr. Director, Technical Design
in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Senior Director, Technical Design will be responsible for overseeing the department; ensuring products are
executed with brand standards, consistency and upholding design intent.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to achieve consistency in fit and construction.
- Develop strategies to improve team's output and productivity.
- Evaluate and determine accurate dates for technical design in production calendar.
- Identify potential production/quality/costing issues and make recommendations to support production goals.
- Metrics maintained and analyzed to support headcount alignment with current and future business needs.
- Determine new initiatives to support future growth and streamline workflow.
- Evaluate and approve information for department documentations and grade rule databases.
- Create department goals to support company initiatives.
- Partner with agents to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities.
- Provide support to production and QA teams on audits, customer feedbacks with measurement and construction discrepancies.
- Leadership and Development:
- Manage and mentor 2-3 direct reports.
- Communicate clearly and professionally on a technical level with team and all business partners.
- Accountable for work commitments and outcomes.
- Provide tools and resources for team to effectively perform responsibilities.
- Ensure individuals are working together to maximize performance as a team.
- Ensure all team members have career path goals and determine benchmark.
- Conduct quarterly meetings to support team's development and to align on progress of goals.
- Ability to identify and proactively engage business partners when issues arise with recommendations for viable options/solutions.
- Challenges business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency.
- Promote open communication and provide positive team environment.
- Travel to factories and agents to work with technical teams, trouble shoot issues and educate.
- Minimum Education - AA or Certification in Patternmaking, Apparel Manufacturing, Design
- 15+ years technical related experience
- 10+ years management experience of technical team with multiple divisions/products
- Expertise in pattern making including grading, construction and fit for multiple/complex products
- Knowledge of construction and manufacturing methods/process
- Ability to multi task with sense of urgency
- Ability to create development action plans and address performance concerns
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong computer skills required (i.e. Momentis PDM, Adobe Illustrator, Optitex, MS Outlook/Office)
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
DIRECTOR OR SR. DIRECTOR
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On