Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our inventory and revenue accounting teams in San Francisco. This hands-on leadership role will partner closely with departments across the organization. This individual will lead all aspects of inventory, accounts receivable, and revenue accounting. This person would develop strategies for the accounting team in line with corporate objective. The candidate will develop and enhance policies and lead the month-end close process while ensuring compliance with all internal controls. As a key player in our team, this position will be accountable for special projects within the department and broader business. They will play a key role in the implementation and optimization of process and systems within the inventory and accounting space. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Finance, Corporate Controller and work with Executive Leadership Team and other leaders across the business.
- Manage a team of highly talented individuals with diverse skill sets to optimize resource and capability deployment across a number of strategic priorities in inventory control, accounts receivable and revenue accounting space.
- Lead the advancement of collaborative relationships with Operations, Finance, IT, and other key business partners
- Lead the design and support the implementation of new accounting and operational policies, processes, and systems for inventory and wholesale / retail accounting
- Maintain and drive continuous improvement, while collaborating with cross-functional teams on owned processes, to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness; define and drive the execution of best practices
- Lead the cross-functional effort to enhance and standardize our existing inventory and accounting processes to drive value and focus on what matters
- Provide oversight and serve as the Controlling owner for all key and non-key controls
- Oversee all inventory related models and related provisions inclusive of monthly inventory adjustments impacting the Financial Statements
- Lead the monthly assessment of inventory impairments, including for Lower of Cost or Market, excess, obsolescence, and quality rejections, in cooperation with key stakeholders
- Lead balance sheet forecasting for inventory and collaborate with FP&A team
- Approve and review adjustments to AR or revenue impacting the Financial Statements
- Lead the assessment of uncollectible accounts receivable, in cooperation with wholesale operations team
- Work closely with operations and auditors to ensure a robust inventory counting process, including cycle counts at distribution facilities and physical inventories at retail outlets
- Serve as the primary point of contact for walkthroughs, control testing, and financial audits for all areas of responsibility
- Develop high-impact presentations to clearly communicate complex financial data to key stakeholders including the CFO and VP of Finance
- Ensure accuracy of revenue, inventory, and COGS reporting
- Minimum of 12+ years progressive accounting/finance experience; preferably with retail industry and/or inventory accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is required
- Must have strong communications and leadership skills, as well as the ability to translate business requirements into financial risks and controls
- Must be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders across functions
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required and experience with Oracle Financials R12 preferred
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.