in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
You will be joining us as an e-commerce Solution Architect in Omni team. You would focus on providing architectural guidance and ensure the technical solutions are implemented in the right way across multiple projects. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, technology vision, and the ability to lead teams through technology challenges while driving the teams towards target architecture. You will also be responsible for leading end to end architecture of e-commerce platform creating technology vision, and work with the multiple product vendor architects to realize the technology vision. You will also collaborate with other key areas of IT and business to ensure solutions are based on the overall retail architecture direction and that they integrate with the overall Gymboree IT architecture / landscape.
- Collaborate with IT project team members and business partners to understand and analyze business requirements and processes, and recommend supporting IT solutions.
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements efficiently with greater reusability and long term vision.
- Collaborate with other solution architects to leverage existing technologies wherever possible.
- Consult with project teams on preparation of Architecture Framework deliverables.
- Assess cost and benefits of each possible solution and effectively recommend alternatives (build versus buy) and options that are most cost effective while providing the needed functionality.
- Partner with project team members to architect and design integrated IT solutions translating business capability requirements.
- Ensure Logical/Conceptual solution design cutting across projects/platforms as part of design feeding all build responsibilities that conform to strategies and standards.
- Promote and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization. Prepare and maintain architecture documentation and other living documents that reflect architecture vision
- Is well-versed and stays current in retail best practices and supporting tools related to functional systems landscape s/he supports as well as industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Serves in capacity of technology advisory services for engaging with the business to “solve” business problems via technology and process innovation relative to IT capability requirements for the functional area s/he supports.
- Participate in PCI and SOX compliance process; and follow their standards in architecting solutions.
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with internal IT department, business partners, outside vendors and service providers.
- Partner with infrastructure team in capacity planning exercise
- Engage with product vendors to understand product roadmaps, provide Gymboree requirements to vendors.
- Provide technology thought leadership - assessing priority of new project requests toward ensuring added value, promoting our business strategies and/or advancing our technology.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external resources, and high-level escalation production support for critical issues as needed. Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers on technical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Retail with focus in building/supporting capability solutions preferably in the apparel industry and especially in the e-commerce/CRM but not limited to the same
- 7+ progressive years in development, implementation and maintenance of large-scale systems e-commerce systems. Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable, high volume, low latency and cloud agnostic e-commerce applications.
- Sales Force Commerce Cloud(Demandware), Sales Force Service Cloud, Sales Force Heroku, Enterprise order Management or equivalent Retail e-commerce platform experience preferred
- Solid hands-on technical understanding and grasp of technologies for the web environment and mobile apps
- Experience with SOA, Object Oriented Design, various design patterns, Micro services
- Experience in conducting POCs using emerging technologies.
- Ability to contribute to the organizational strategic thinking beyond area of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications within small and large groups
- Innovative problem solver; decision-maker; risk taker; and strong execution expertise
- Knowledge of the company’s business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources
- Ability to provide an enterprise-wide perspective in which overall landscape may be cross-functional in scope
- Influence through persuasion and negotiation rather than direct authority
- Possess tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity as long-term initiatives evolve and an entrepreneurial mindset to develop innovative solutions to lower costs, improve productivity, and provide competitive advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio)
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions, Strong time management and problem solving skills
The Gymboree Corporation is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On