“The product is fun and lets me flex my creative muscles every season, but the best part of working here honestly, is the team. The people I work with are amazing, and that counts for a lot in the design industry!”
There’s a little bit of magic in the air at Gymboree Group. We’re focusing on our future, from evolving our brands to transforming the way we work together. We may be grown-ups, but we’re all about celebrating children and the people who care for them. We love to collaborate to find new ways to make our customers smile. Have great ideas? We want to hear them. Want to try a new approach? Let’s do it. Come join the fun at our home office!
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will lead the team responsible for designing, building, deploying, and supporting solutions for teams across Gymboree’s corporate and store infrastructure. As a manager of a highly technical team, which has responsibility for engineer and operational availability of the Gymboree server and storage network, you will be expected to have a deep knowledge of your area. As part of your role, you will be required to review and approve engineering changes for your team. Additionally, you will on occasion need to develop a detailed, low-level understanding of engineering issues that do occur and to be able to represent those issues at executive management review meetings.
· Focus on supporting company user base and providing excellent customer service via Service Now Change Management ticketing system, JIRA and SolarWinds Monitoring.
· Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly metrics for exec dashboard for SLA reporting, and trend analysis
· Working with business on gathering requirements for incoming projects and prioritizing for team
· Responsible for meeting SLA uptimes for critical systems and services owned by IT which include: Active Directory Services, Microsoft, JAMF, office infrastructure (wired, wireless, VOIP, VPN), A/V Service (conference rooms, RingCentral meetings), and SCCM
· Contribute to yearly planning and quarterly objectives at team and individual level
· As a member of the management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
· Assist team leads in investigating and researching root cause for any service interruptions, and ensure proper post-mortem documentation and communication
· Manage budget and identify cost efficiencies or changes that affect the overall budget
· Work with internal audit team on completing quarterly and yearly compliance requests to ensure a successful audit. Ensuring new procedures, policies and/or other changes are proposed and implemented to improve technology and systems support. Ensures optimization of processes and the relevant infrastructure. Ensures compliance to the control framework.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; managing and appraising performance; coaching and development; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Conducts regular staff and training meetings.
What You’ll Bring
· BA/BS degree in Engineering, Business
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong technical skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong mentoring skills
· Strong presentational skills
· Ability to cope under pressure
· Ability to understand and drive service management/SLAs
· Ability to coordinate multiple activities and work in a high pace environment
· 3+ Previous storage capacity planning experience driving the acquisition of long range supply capability
· Demonstrated experience in optimizing capacity expansion problems
· 3 – 5 years of work experience driving long lead capacity expansion requiring capital expenditure approval
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of VMware, Win/Unix/Linux, SQL, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
Let’s Talk Perks!
More About Us
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a specialty retailer, operating stores with high-quality clothes and accessories for children. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating over 900 retail stores in the United States and Canada, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls, please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105