Summary of Position: An equipment operator 1 who is authorized and scheduled to drive either a forklift, order picker and/or yard dog, is responsible for moving, locating, relocating, consolidating, stacking, picking, and counting of merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle up to and including observing all maintenance procedures before and after driving. Based on work demand, this position does not exclude equipment operators from working in non-equipment areas.
The primary responsibilities/essential functions of this position include the following, but are subject to change based upon operating necessity:
- Read, interpret and calculate required quantities of merchandise listed on pick sheet and record the number of boxes, bags or pieces of merchandise needed to fulfill the order.
- Locate and identify correct merchandise on shelf (within its primary bin location) and match to pick sheet requirements.
- Reach, pull and bend to maneuver boxes of merchandise at ground and eye level within the shelves, bins, and racks to fill requirements of the order. Use ladders as needed.
- Gather and place required numbers of merchandise, including boxes up to 50 lbs., onto a pushcart. Use case cutter to open boxes when needed.
- Lift, pull and place smaller quantities of merchandise into plastic totes and place on pushcart.
- Operate hand pallet jacks using all safety guidelines to move approximately 1,000 lbs. of merchandise within the picking area and to the conveyor area.
- Operate forklift using all safety guidelines to retrieve merchandise from upper racks and to move merchandise as needed.
- Push handcart with merchandise up to 500 lbs.
- Circle and initial bulk quantities of merchandise on pick sheet and place finished paperwork in plastic totes when order is complete.
- Log out bin locations for empty bins, correct bin locations for mis-marked bins, and enter any bin changes on the STS system.
- Lift boxes up to 50 lbs. and place all merchandise for a full order onto conveyor line, ensuring that like SKU, color and sizes are kept together.
- Pick up and appropriately discard all boxes, cartons, and strapping tape to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Fold all carton / box flaps to the closed position when boxes are on push carts or when a particular bin is no longer in use.
- Ensure that work areas are kept clean and all safety guidelines are followed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accurately use basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Read and interpret picking sheet to fulfill orders accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures and guidelines within the DC.
Work Hours and Environment:
- Typical work days for day shift are Monday-Friday, but weekend work may be required based on business needs.
- Day shift start times vary from 4:00 am, 5:00 am, and 6:00 am.
- Hours worked varies from 8 hours, 9.75 hours, or 11.75 hours per day, based on business needs.
- Work in a warehouse setting and possess the ability to work on your feet throughout the shift.
Communication done throughout the interviewing process will be via email, so be sure to include a valid email address when applying.
The Gymboree Distribution Center uses SparkHire, an online video interviewing platform, for candidates to complete their initial assessments at their convenience. Candidates may also choose to complete a phone interview in lieu of video interviews.
We conduct thorough criminal background checks and drug screens.**