Project Manager, Store Design & Construction
in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Project Manager- Store Design & Construction is a key team member in delivering premium stores from initial design through construction and store opening.
- Involved in the initial phase of the store delivery process, assess new sites for fit and develop layouts, review and comment on LOD’s and LOI’s
- Review all relevant exhibits that comprise the “Landlord Tenant Packages” such as Lease Outline Drawings, Tenant Criteria, and As-Builts or Base Building Drawings, ensure compliance and maintain design standards and negotiate with Landlords and Tenant Coordinators when necessary to ensure a best possible design
- Review and understand all permitting requirements and initiate all projects with our consultant architects and engineers, negotiate contracts and formally engage service providers
- Manage the design development, present designs for internal review and approval and ensure dissemination of relevant documents to all internal business partners
- Manage and report on all design and construction activity to ensure the timely delivery of new projects
- Ensure compliance with all pre-construction work including follow-up on Landlord work and space delivery scope and dates prior to construction start
- Oversee the construction bid process to general contractors, receive all bids, and compile bid summaries, level bids, qualify bids and provide a recommendation to the Director of Store Design & Construction and the VP of Stores.
- Review and approve all consultant invoices and progress payments in Gymboree’s Store Project Tracking System.
- Manage and report all updates on the Store Opening Forecast.
- Manage and track Construction Budgets, spend to date, invoices paid, committed funds and change orders
- Assume responsibility for any additional design and construction related projects such as the design prototype, materials library, standard details and communicate to team, development of new fixtures…
- Track development of drawings and permitting to ensure the timely delivery for the start of construction
- Review, comment and approve shop drawings as necessary
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Construction or equivalent on-the-job training and a minimum (4) years’ experience in the retail and/or construction industry.
- Thorough command of reading construction documents and doing material take-offs as required and working knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills, analytical and presentation skills
- Develop and maintain exceptional collaborative relationships with all internal and external team members. Ability to effectively lead external service providers in delivering projects on time and on budget
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- 15-20% Travel required to visit sites under construction as needed to effectively manage projects
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On