in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Office Assistant actively participates in all office support operations and related administrative duties, including reception desk, and mailroom assistance. This position provides team members and guests a safe, comfortable, clean, efficient and productive work environment.
- Receptionist; greeting employees, visitors and guests.
- Telephone system operator.
- Mailroom assistant.
- Administrative support to the Facilities Department.
- Receipt, shipment and timely distribution of all corporate mail, office supplies and business materials.
- Assist in the monitoring and control of janitorial, maintenance and other outside services.
- Copy machine and printer problem solving, including communication with contract maintenance.
- Participation in new employee preparation, workplace assembly and employee relocation.
- Equipment, furniture and supply purchasing, receipt and distribution, as required.
- Timely and appropriate response to emergency issues in support of all Gymboree employees.
- Participation in departmental and corporate emergency preparedness and safety programs.
- Storage organization and inventory control, as designated.
- Participation in security processes for maximum protection of Gymboree personnel and assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent education required, college level education desired
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to interface in a business-like manner with all Gymboree employees, vendors and guests
- Positive, polite and cheerful attitude
- Strategic and objective thinking to keep responsibility areas operationally efficient and productive
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and general PC operations
- Ability to multi-task, correctly follow directions and remain calm under pressure
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Organizational skills to prioritize and efficiently process workload
- Knowledge of company policies and basic facilities industry procedures and protocol
- General knowledge and understanding of OSHA and ADA regulations
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On