Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Merchandise Planner, Wholesale & International will be responsible for creating and managing Financial Plans, Forecasts, Inventory Purchase and in-season business for multiple Wholesale and International Partners. This person will identify business risks and opportunities to maximize sales, profitability and inventory turn objectives.
- Develop strategic plan - sales, margin, inventory for each Wholesale and International Partner
- Partner with the Wholesale & International teams to identify key business concepts and opportunities
- Partner with Wholesale & International customers to create in-season business analysis and quarterly hind-sights. Analyze these and have a strong point of view on how to drive in-season business and inventory purchase. Together with Sr. Manager, partner with customers to:
- Analyze partner’s business and suggest pricing action, promotions and potentially chase inventory if we own it.
- Hind-sight their business and suggest inventory purchase changes. Review their buys when we receive them and offer advice on how they should buy differently.
- Have real-time understanding of the Amazon business, drive replenishment sales, test promotions, and conduct ROI on marketing programs and SEO.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional partners - merchants, allocation, Distribution Center, Finance, etc.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information and the sharing of best practices
- Support the Senior Director and Senior Manager to evaluate potential new customers
- Work with the Distribution Center and Allocation teams in order to ensure that Wholesale and International shipments are sent accurately and on time
- BA/BS degree required plus 2-4 years’ experience in a financial role
- Must have experience in Wholesale Retail, most importantly online
- Must have a clear understanding of basic financial measures: sales, gross margin, weeks on hand / weeks of supply, etc. and how to maximize them
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to clearly present and support business strategies to our external partners
- Be able to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines is essential
- Must be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.