An equipment operator who is authorized and scheduled to drive either a forklift, order picker and/or yard dog, is responsible for moving, locating, relocating, consolidating, stacking, picking, and counting of merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle up to and including observing all maintenance procedures before and after driving. Based on work demand, this position does not exclude equipment operators from working in non-equipment areas.
The primary responsibilities/essential functions of this position include the following, but are subject to change based upon operating necessity:
- Strong customer service orientation, work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow up skills.
- Strong sense of urgency to effectively complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills which clearly and succinctly communicate across various audience levels.
- Ability to work independently or as a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Lift boxes up to 60lbs and move them from one location to another.
- Operate a hand pallet jack to move filled pallets of merchandise, up to 1,000 lbs. within the DC.
- Pushing merchandise on rolling carts, up to 100 lbs.
- Operate forklift using all safety guidelines to retrieve merchandise from upper racks and to move merchandise as needed.
- Pick up and appropriately discard all boxes, cartons, and strapping tape to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Basic PC skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Accurately use basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures and guidelines within the D.C.
- Work experience in a warehouse environment.
- Utilize the STS/RDM system to enter merchandise location into the system.
- Able to read and interpret a packing slip, invoice, RF device, etc.
Work Hours and Environment:
- Typical work hours for day shift are Monday through Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm
- Typical work hours for swing shift are Monday through Friday, 2:45pm - 11:15pm
- Typical work hours for third shift are Sunday through Thursday, 9:00am - 5:30am
- Overtime and weekend work may be required based on business needs.
- Work in a warehouse setting and possess the ability to work on your feet throughout the shift
Why You’ll Love Working With Us:
The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
The People—ask anyone that works here…we have incredible people on our team
The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected global children’s brand
The Benefits—health insurance, 401k match, and onsite wellness services for your convenience
Let’s Talk Perks!
- Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions for individuals and families
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays and flexible time off
- 30% off merchandise employee discount (Gymboree & Outlet, Janie and Jack, Crazy 8 & Outlet)
- Gymboree Play & Music class discounts
- Educational Assistance Development Program
- Life insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, children)
- Additional corporate discounts at participating companies
Communication done throughout the interviewing process will be via email, so be sure to include a valid email address when applying.
The Gymboree Distribution Center uses SparkHire, an online video interviewing platform, for candidates to complete their initial assessments at their convenience. Candidates may also choose to complete a phone interview in lieu of video interviews.
We conduct thorough criminal background checks and drug screens.**
Gymboree is an Equal Opportunity Employer.