Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
Gymboree's IS&T Infrastructure Team requires an Engineer to provide support for the corporate EUC systems business areas. This individual will work as the liaison between business partners and the Infrastructure & group in order to support existing systems and provide analysis for End Users defined reports and coded systems definition, design and implementation. This includes upgrades to existing end user built systems and enhancement projects. The position requires knowledge of a range of infrastructure systems including; programming language including VB Macros, database and engineering platforms such as Unix, Linux and Microsoft programming system with additional knowledge on Microsoft Excel, Macros, MS Access and such MS suits. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to perform analysis of key requirements with able to debug Excel high end macros and clearly communicate alternatives and recommendations to decision-makers. This person must be able to respond quickly to support issues, evaluate alternatives and create and execute against an action plan. In this role, you'll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our internal business partner system. Help automate and streamline operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. This person will be required to document business and functional/technical specifications for system development based on user requirements.
- Strong background in facing End user Computing (EUC) issues and Customer facing roles.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office programming visual basic, Macros in MS Excel or VB and MS Access
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Knowledge of operating system server side is a plus (Microsoft \ Unix \ Linux flavors)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience with SQL and MySQL (SQL experience is a plus)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Six Sigma, Lean or other business process improvement training or education looked upon favorably
- Good Experience and exposure in using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) and Macro development
- Good Experience in Data validation with different format of Raw data.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with scripting languages like Visual Basic, Excel Macros Ansible, Python, Power Shell, Perl, etc.
- Develop automation script using python and shell scripts for integration with performance monitoring tools.
- Build performance dashboards through Splunk, Extrahop, writing Java script and customized scripts.
- Define and create performance alerts based on performance threshold
- Work with application team and production support team to create production performance metrics
- Study and Understand Application characteristics including Business demand drivers, transaction metrics, and utilization and response time requirements
- Maintaining Data repository Data correlation and trending.
- Using monitoring tools to track every day data and gather additional information required based on need familiarity with the balanced scorecard concept, IT standards such as ITIL; and compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Payment Cards Industry (PCI) standards are preferred.
- Communications: Strong communicator at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications within small and large groups.
- Achievement Orientation: Knowledge of how the delivery of IT solutions can enable achievement of business requirements. Skills required include innovative problem solving; decision-making; risk taking; execution expertise.
- Service Orientation: Working comprehension of research methods to evaluate stakeholder requirements and responses. Skills required include partnering; proactive problem solving; scanning for and sharing business information. Knowledge of the company’s business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
The Gymboree Corporation is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.