There’s a little bit of magic in the air at Gymboree Group. We’re focusing on our future, from evolving our brands to transforming the way we work together. We may be grown-ups, but we’re all about celebrating children and the people who care for them. We love to collaborate to find new ways to make our customers smile. Have great ideas? We want to hear them. Want to try a new approach? Let’s do it. Come join the fun at our home office!
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will support our Distribution Centers. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will serve as a forward-thinking leader and partner, responsible for identifying, developing and implementing key inventory and process initiatives that will substantially enhance the success of our business. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Supply Chain Logistics and will be working in our Dixon, CA Distribution Center. In this role, the individual will develop and implement programs to achieve cost savings while delivering best practices in strategic sourcing, supply chain analysis, and supply consolidation for the Distribution Centers and Retail Stores. The Director will be responsible for quality, site security, safety, and facilities. The Director of Inventory Control will play a strategic leadership role while also ensuring the company’s every day operational activities run smoothly and effectively.
- Participate with senior management in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives related to inventory control, quality, and audits.
- Lead, facilitate, and oversee the execution of daily inventory policies, procedures, analysis and reporting to meet facility inventory metrics.
- Establish best practice inventory measures including tracking, reporting, and root cause analysis.
- Establish and manage to appropriate inventory targets considering demand and supply variability, cycle times, service levels, and risk.
- Support growth across global markets by establishing supply chain practices that ensure consistent best-in-class customer service, fill rate and inventory efficiency.
- Oversee the Distribution’s Quality Control program, ensuring the appropriate procedures are consistently implemented throughout all departments.
- Oversee and evaluate facilities maintenance program to ensure quality as well as operational efficiency.
- Initiate, coordinate and oversee major projects across distribution centers, such as distribution center layout changes, equipment and space needs and utilization, capital expenses, major repairs, etc.
- Evaluate and ensure execution loss prevention and security guidelines to minimize inventory shrinkage and profit loss.
- Work with site security to establish and adhere to loss prevention policies and procedures.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
- The People—ask anyone that works here…we have incredible people on our team
- The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected global children’s brand
- The Benefits—health insurance, 401k match, and onsite wellness services for your convenience
Let’s Talk Perks!
- Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions for individuals and families
- Flexible Spending Accounts and commuter benefits
- Paid holidays and flexible time off
- 30% off merchandise employee discount (Gymboree & Outlet, Janie and Jack, Crazy 8 & Outlet)
- Gymboree Play & Music class discounts
- Educational Assistance Development Program
- Life insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, children)
- Additional corporate discounts at participating companies
More About Us
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a specialty retailer, operating stores with high-quality clothes and accessories for children. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating over 900 retail stores in the United States and Canada, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within a light industrial environment and inventory management, sourcing, and/or logistics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manager or director level role is required.
- Excellent organizational leadership, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience with developing and monitoring business strategies and performance metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and demands.
- Understand budget development and monitoring with knowledge of P&L for all operations.
- Strategic material management and procurement experience with managing high volume inventory and forecasting needs.
- Excellent data analytical and modeling skills required while displaying financial and business acumen.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls, please.