Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
Gymboree's IT department requires a Director to lead their Corporate Systems & Business Intelligence application team. As a member of IT Leadership, this person will be a liaison between business partners and the IT organization responsible for providing business capability delivery as well as ongoing production support across Finance, Accounting, Retail Analytics, Tax, HR, Payroll, and Real-estate.
The Director will be responsible for planning, conducting and directing the analysis of complex business problems, business data and surfacing opportunities that drive business improvement. This individual will work with at least four stakeholder groups consisting of; Finance, HR/Payroll, Real-estate and Business Analytics leaders.
As Director, Corporate Systems & Business Intelligence, within your area of responsibility, you will be responsible for planning, organizing leading and controlling; business relationship management, IT vendor relationship management, project portfolio management, IT strategic business alignment and application service management. Additionally this individual will have responsibility for developing the company’s business intelligence strategy that will provide reliable performance metrics, and derive actionable business insights.
- Provide senior leadership and direction for the corporate systems & BI application team, translating business capability needs into strategic IT roadmaps and delivering IT solutions as well as on-going business systems support.
- Collaborate with identified leaders in the business to document business/IT capability requirements (strategic and tactical) as part of annual/on-going planning and governance to deliver corporate systems IT strategic roadmaps (3+ year forward looking view). Roadmaps reflect invest/divest, retirement, and consolidation strategies for the corporate services & business intelligence landscape.
- Collaborate with senior business leaders to identify required performance management capabilities. Evaluate organizational strategies, goals, objectives leading to key performance metrics supporting business performance goals. Facilitate the organization’s ability to differentiate and compete on information and analytics.
- Provide leadership to BI team data governance and insight delivery process by executing a vision for information delivery & analytics platforms as BI solutions for key stakeholders. Evaluate data sourcing, acquisition, integration, reporting, analytics, and data exploration tactics in support of that vision.
- Lead overall portfolio management functions and deliverables for all relevant projects which include internal and external team members, effectively allocating resources, facilitating productive meetings, and developing and controlling capital and expense budgets within existing PMO guidelines. Assure successful delivery of IT projects based on timely delivery and quality of assigned deliverables.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture governance processes to architect integrated IT solutions adhering to established IT technology standards (business, data, application and infrastructure).
- Provide leadership and professional development of staff within the Corporate Systems & BI team. Equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks. Provide guidance and mentoring for all team members, ensuring quality in all of their deliverables and identifying opportunities for growth to advance their personal careers.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations, one-on-one discussions and compensation reviews while providing constructive feedback and setting appropriate annual goals and objectives
- Manage vendor relationships conducting QBR’s (Quarterly Business Reviews) to monitor and drive performance, value, and on-going health of the vendor relationship.
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with internal IT department, business partners, outside vendors and service providers.
- Provide transparent/honest status and communication to the leadership team.
- Possesses strong financial/business acumen and ability to understand and logically work through business problems to proper resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Six Sigma, Lean or other business process improvement training or education looked upon favorably
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with focus in building/supporting corporate services and BI domains, preferably in the retail industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT leadership role responsible for both business systems support (per SLA’s) and the successful delivery and deployment of IT technology based capabilities/solutions including previous business systems analysis experience
- Experience required in the selection and successful management of on-going relationships with multiple service providers (technology and services – including non-US based off-shore service providers).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading a BI practice team, partnering with C-level executives and delivering insights and analytic solutions.
- Experience leading, coaching and evaluating an IT team with a minimum of 5 direct reports and delivering retail systems solutions and support with or through a diverse team of IT Project Managers, Solution Architects, Developers and QA teams.
- Experience with Oracle Financials, Epicor Sales Audit, Kronos and ADP a plus.
- IT Leadership: Ability to design and lead an effective IT organization made up of employees that have highly technical skill sets. Ability to contribute to the organizational strategic thinking beyond area of responsibility. Knowledge of methods for conducting activities which identify and address stakeholders’ needs and consulting to and with the business on the application systems potential impacts. Excellent human resource management skills. Experience leading successful IT organization; serving on a leadership team; technical design; organizational design; resource management; people management; financial analysis.
- Business Leadership: An attitude and aptitude for continuously developing business acumen. The ability to serve as a change agent and influence business direction. Serves as an advocate of his/her business stakeholders into IT and helps evangelize the role of IT and technology back to the business. Provocative thought leader who can stimulate innovation and help partner on process improvements.
- Program Management Expertise: Must have experience leading systems implementations to a successful conclusion. Must have clear understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and project and business process management methodologies and tools.
- Communications: Outstanding communicator at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications, small and large groups. Influence is a key success factor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
The Gymboree Corporation is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.