Associate Project Manager - Store Design & Construction
in CA - San Francisco
Current Employee? Click Here to start the apply process.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children's brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
The Associate Project Manager- Store Design & Construction is a key team member in delivering projects of varying scope from minor remodels/refixturing projects to projects that require more in-depth construction coordination under the guidance of a Project Manager (PM), Sr Project Manager (SPM) or Director of Design & Construction.
- Involved in the initial phase of the store delivery process, responsible for compiling all relevant exhibits that comprise the “Landlord Tenant Packages” such as Lease Outline Drawings, Tenant Criteria, and As-Builts or Base Building Drawings), distributing complete LL Tenant Packages to internal and external business partners and service providers on a timely basis
- Schedule all site surveys, solicit permitting requirements and timelines, set up all new projects in the department’s Deal Tracking System, and initiate all projects with our consultant architects and engineers
- Support of store pre-construction work including follow-up on Landlord work and space delivery scope and dates prior to construction start as well as verifying all store location addresses for deliveries to site.
- Provide administrative support in the construction bidding process including sending out invitations to bid to general contractors, receiving all bids, and compiling bid summaries, input into the Gymboree standard leveling form(s), help to qualify bids and provide a preliminary perspective on selection of GC’s to PM’s
- Responsible for receiving and entering all consultant invoices and progress payments in Gymboree’s Store Project Tracking System and ensuring that all necessary reviews and approvals of said invoices occurs.
- Support the Store Opening Forecast on a weekly basis, confirm all updates and counts on the Report and Summary are accurate prior to publishing to business partners and vendors for specific projects
- Manage the Construction Allowance package submission and timely payment.
- Providing support in tracking Construction Budgets, spend to date, invoices paid, committed funds and change orders across a number of projects.
- Manage Minor Remodels with minimal supervision.
- Begin to take on additional more complex project management tasks with PM support.
- Responsible for additional in-house projects as needed, support Repair & Maintenance on an as-need basis on project related work
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent on-the-job training and a minimum (2) years experience in the retail and/or construction industry.
- Competence in reading construction documents and doing material take-offs as required.
- Working knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills, interfacing with key internal business partners and external service providers.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively lead external service providers in delivering projects on time and on budget
- 5-10% Travel required to visit existing sites and sites under construction
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Share This Job On